Heat Pump Pass
We're excited to offer you the opportunity to gain access to our comprehensive installer and stakeholder training program on the fundamental concepts of heating and cooling with heat pumps. Through our on-demand video sessions, you'll learn everything you need to know to become proficient in the use and installation of these highly effective heating and cooling systems.
To get started, simply request access to our training program below. You'll receive access to our on-demand video sessions, allowing you to learn at your own pace and on your own schedule. Request access today!
What is the Heat Pump Pass?
The Heat Pump Pass includes approximately 4.5 hours of on-demand video training delivered in 25 segments, each lasting a few minutes. Below is the complete list of subjects covered in this training program.
Who should take this course
This is a basic course for those who need a technical understanding of how heat pumps work and some key considerations for installation. It is ideal for:
- Heating engineers who wish to transition from gas boiler installations to heat pumps
- Trainee heating engineers
- Existing heat pump engineers wishing to deepen their knowledge of different heat pump technologies and/or STIEBEL ELTRON products
How to request training
To request training, please provide your location, company name, email address, and mobile number. One of our trainers will respond to you shortly.
- How does a heat pump work?
- COP, SCOP & SPF
- Different heat pump types
- Monovalent, Monoenergetic, Bivalent Parallel and Alternative
- On-Off Vs. Inverter
- Different types of heating circuits
- System pressure and water quality
- Pipe sizing
- With or without a buffer?
- Different models of air source heat pumps
- How to size an air source heat pump
- Horizontal vs. vertical ground source collectors
- Water to water heat pumps
- System design
- Domestic hot water
- Domestic hot water cylinders for heat pump systems
- Cooling with a heat pump
- WPM heat pump manager
- Wiring a heat pump
- Heat pump cascades
- A checklist before turning on a heat pump
- Error codes
- Considerations for heat pumps only doing DHW