STIEBEL ELTRON and Reece Competition
Congratulations to the winner of the "Stiebel Eltron & Reece Competition, Mr K. Bourke of WA.
STIEBEL ELTRON & REECE COMPETITION
Information on how to qualify for entry and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
If you participate in this promotion you accept the Terms and Conditions.
This promotion is authorised under VIC Permit No. 12/1044, NSW Permit No LTPS/12/03608, ACT Permit No. TP 12/01702 and SA Licence No. T12/822
Eligibility and qualification for entry
1. To qualify for entry into this promotion, you must:
1.1. be an Australian resident or an Australian registered company at the date of entry;
1.2. be over the age of 18, if an individual;
1.3. be a Reece Account Holder;
1.4. purchase one of the following of our products from a Reece store on your Reece account in Australia:
(a) a Stiebel Eltron WWK300A; or
(b) a Stiebel Eltron WWK300AH
between 12.00 am AEST on 1 July 2012 to 11.59 pm AEST on 31 August 2012;
2. You will be automatically entered in the promotion at the time of purchase in accordance with paragraph 1.
3. You may elect not to participate in the promotion by emailing Reece at email@example.com.
4. You consent to us using the personal information we obtain from your entry in accordance with the provisions of paragraphs 5.4 and 5.5. You acknowledge your failure to allow us to do so means you forfeit the entire prize.
5. We have the right to:
5.1. disqualify your entry if it does not comply with these terms and conditions;
5.2. seek further information from you to verify the validity of your entry, including the production of the original invoice for the purchase of one of the products listed in paragraph 1.4;
5.3. disqualify your entry if your conduct undermines the spirit of the promotion;
5.4. collect your personal information, if you win the promotion, in order to conduct the promotion and disclose your personal information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities;
5.5. publish your name and photograph on our internet site, if you win the promotion.
6. Our failure to enforce any of our rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to unauthorised intervention or fraud, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
7.1. to disqualify any entrant; or
7.2. subject to any written instructions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
8. The prize is a trip for 2 to Germany valued at up to $10,000 including:
8.1. 2 economy return airfares from the winner’s nearest capital city in Australia departing on or about 8 March 2013 and returning on or about 15 March 2013;
8.2. accommodation for 6 nights in an up to 4 star self-rated or up to a 4 star hotel;
8.3. free entry into the ISH 2013 trade show in Frankfurt, Germany for 3 days;
8.4. a tour of the Stiebel Eltron factory in Holzminden;
8.5. all transfers in Germany.
9. The prize does not include:
9.1. travel to and from the winner’s nearest capital city airport;
9.2. fees associated with obtaining passports or visas;
9.3. spending money of any kind;
9.4. travel Insurance;
9.5. meals or drinks;
9.6. items of a personal nature;
9.7. in-room charges;
9.8. frequent-flyer points;
9.9. any other costs.
10. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
11. The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present a credit card at time of accommodation check in. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
12. The prize values are accurate as at 27 March 2012. We accept no responsibility for any change in prize value between now and the ultimate travel date. The winner is not entitled to receive any money from any party if there is a difference between the maximum prize value and the actual prize value at the time of the draw.
The Prize Draw
13. All valid entries will be included in the prize draw.
14. The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the prize.
15. The prize draw will take place at the Reece Support Centre, 118 Burwood Highway, Burwood Victoria 3125 at 10.00 am AEST on 6 September 2012.
16. The prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winner will be notified where possible by telephone on the day of the draw, and in writing as far as practicable within 2 business days and no more than 5 business days after the date of the prize draw. The name of the winner will be published in The Australian newspaper on 12 September 2012 and on our website www.stiebel-eltron.com.au.
18. If the winner cannot be contacted by 6 December, 2012, 10:00am AEDT, we will conduct a redraw at the Reece Support Centre, 118 Burwood Highway, Burwood Victoria 3125 on 12 December, 2012 at 10:00 am AEDT. The winner will be notified where possible by telephone on the day of the draw, and in writing as far as practicable within 2 business days and no more than 5 business days after the date of the draw. The name of the winner will be published in The Australian newspaper on 19 December 2012 and on our website www.stiebel-eltron.com.au.
Prize winner’s responsibilities
19. The winner acknowledges that the prize must be taken to coincide with the ISH 2013 trade show which is scheduled to take place in Frankfurt, Germany between 12 March 2013 and 15 March 2013.
20. The winner forfeits the entire prize if it is not taken in accordance with paragraph 19 and we will not give the winner cash in lieu of the prize.
21. If any part of the prize in unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value.
22. If the winner is:
22.1. an individual it must nominate another person to accompany the winner.
22.2. a company it must nominate 2 individuals to receive the prize, one of whom must be an employee of the company.
23. The prize recipients must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
24. If one of the prize recipients is under the age of 18, the other prize recipient must be that person’s parent or guardian.
25. The winner is responsible for:
25.1. comprehensive travel insurance;
25.2. compliance with any health or other government requirements;
25.3. ensuing that the winner and the winner’s companion has a valid passport, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and other necessary travel documentation;
25.4. enquiring about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
26. The winner acknowledges that:
26.1. travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses.
26.2. all travel associated with the prize is subject to each carrier’s general conditions of carriage;
26.3. we make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination;
26.4. international travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.smartraveller.gov.au ;
26.5. bookings are subject to all suppliers booking conditions and availability (including but not limited to capacity limitations and other restrictions);
26.6. we do not guarantee the winner will enjoy the prize or be suited to the type of prize that is offered;
26.7. except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, you and your companion exclude us and our officers, employees and agents from all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the taking of the prize or the enjoyment of the prize.
26.8. we take no liability for any tax that may be due from winning the prize. Consult an independent tax advisor on your liability.
26.9. we are not responsible for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war or other events beyond our control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
Dictionary of terms used
27. In these terms and conditions:
27.1. a reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is a reference Stiebel Eltron (Aust) Pty Ltd of 4/8 Rocklea Drive, Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207 ACN 066 271 083, the promoter of the promotion.
27.2. A reference to “you” and “your” is a reference to each person who enters the promotion.